Friday, May 9, 2008

Podcasting

The podcasting was interesting. I had never really heard of it before. I couldn't access Podcast.met. Podcast Alley brought up a lot of library podcasts, but I couldn't listen to any because, once again, the computer I was on needed to download software before I could listen to it. Yahoo Podcast was not very helpful. I couldn't find very many intersting library podcasts on it.

I had a lot better luck with just going to Google and typing in 'library podcasts.' There were several interesting ones. My favorites were the podcasts of Storytime. There were also podcasts for library newsletters, booktalks for teens, etc... It seems that there no end of things you could do with a podcast and ultimately I think that podcasts would be a good way for the library to reach more people.

No comments: