Saturday, May 3, 2008

Music and Other Audio

I really liked playing around with the music sights. I think I liked IMEEM the best because it had a better selection of songs where you could listen to the full track. I also liked last.fm. What was freat about last.fm was that you could look up a specific artsit and get a bio on them along with 4-5 full tracks of their most downloaded songs. I didn't really like Pandora because you had to register to look around their site. Which really isn't that big of deal, but I like to look around and know what I'm getting myself into before I register for anything.
I thought Internet Archive was pretty interesting. Besides Audio, they also had movies, music and texts. I could read Little Women from snapshots taken of one of the 1869 original copies. That was pretty cool.
The Absolute Sound Effects Archive was pretty fun. I don't know that I would personally use it for anything, but I still liked it.
The Mango website to learn different languages sounds like a really good idea. Unfortunately I couldn't look around too much because the computer I was on needed an Adobe Flash Player upgrade and I don't have the administrator password to do it. But having such a website, where you receive language lessons for free, is really useful. My brother just paid $160 for a subscription to the Rosetta Stone program to learn Spanish. Too bad he didn't know about this website before. =)

No comments: